Modflux is a space to share intelligent lifestyle discussions and tips. From food to philosophy, we cover topics small and large to help build an informed, thoughtful online community.
From the Web: Thanksgiving Edition
Some festive links to get into the holiday spirit. Happy Thanksgiving, all!
- If this pet-Thanksgiving doesn’t make you laugh, I don’t know what will.
- A different kind of cabin fever has me longing for these holiday escapes.
- Some cicerone-approved beers to pair with your Thanksgiving meal.
- If you feel conflicted about celebrating this week, you’re not alone (particularly when Native Americans at Standing Rock are battling this right now).
- This mouth-watering menu has some truly delicious sounding vegetarian options.
- Some hilarious Thanksgiving insights from the Oatmeal.
- If I do any spending on Black Friday, it will most certainly be at Pategonia, which is donating all sales to environmental groups.
- Just in time for holiday small-talk, some tips to soften common (but kind of rude) questions.
- Speaking of holiday talk, many are anticipating a difficult post-election Thanksgiving. Here are a few reads to help you navigate yours:
- Come up with a game plan in advance.
- Talk about it, but with a “long game” strategy in mind (focused more on understanding each other’s views than immediately trying to change them).
- Bring it up, but with an understanding that folks get to duck out if a breather is needed.
- If your mental health necessitates it, it’s okay to avoid the issue this year. But learning to listen to opposing views will be useful in the long run to help bridge our divides.